- Sheakley Group of Companies
- $99,145.00 -138,020.00/year*
30 Siwanoy Ln
Sheakley Workforce Management Services is currently seeking a Safety Consultant for a position in Pennsauken, NJ. Experience in a manufacturing setting is required. Must be local. No per diem.
The successful candidate must be open to a flexible atmosphere, with changing projects and assignments; must have a passion for safety and challenging the status quo; and must enjoy engaging with people and utilizing technology to learn, promote, teach, and track, and report on safe work practices. The Safety Consultant will be responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of health and safety programs to assure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines, best practices, and institutional policies.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Conducting facility safety inspections and orientations.
* Safety training as requested/required.
* Observation and monitoring of facility employees and safety practices.
* Complete document reviews, contractor correspondence, and document management.
* Other tasks and activities within the realm of the EHS profession within the manager's skills, abilities, certifications and authorizations
Three to five years of directly related experience in health and safety training and consultation experience is required.
* OSHA 501 and / or OSHA 511
* Solid knowledge of EHS standards, industry regulatory standards in manufacturing, with the ability to communicate such standards to others.
* 3-5 years safety and health experience.
* Excellent public speaking abilities.
* Energetic, ambitious, assertive and an excellent communicator.
* OSHA outreach training experience preferred.
* Able to meet deadlines, work independently without direct supervision, as well as in a team environment.
* OSHA and regulatory safety training experience.
Skills, Specialized Knowledge and Abilities
* Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality
* Outgoing personality, self-motivated
* Excellent customer service, telephonic, electronic, and written communication skills. Analyze and recommend improvements for safe work practices, policies and training programs.
* Technical experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
* Use of standard office equipment.
* Organization, attention to detail, flexibility and strong ability to multi-task interfacing multiple client situations on any given workday.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment without direct supervision. Must embrace a team based, initiative driven environment.
* Effectively work with others to build consensus and rapport
* Work conditions are typically warehouse, clinical, manufacturing facilities, construction projects, and field conditions. May require working after hours, occasional weekend to respond to emergency or non-emergency situations
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY: It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel and to provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees, including upgrading, promoting and training and to administer these activities in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...